Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekend Update #1: January 26-27

Weekend Update is hosted by Sami's Shenanigans and Join the Gossip

Last week I stumbled upon Sami's blog and saw her Weekend Update post. I knew I wanted to participate this week, especially since I haven't been doing a great job of taking daily photos (my new camera has been feeling neglected, poor thing). 

After a crazy week, I had a pretty quiet weekend. I stayed in and did some work, and actually managed to relax a bit, which was nice! Here's my weekend in a nutshell (and yes I'm aware that it looks like all I did was eat all weekend, but I promise there was healthy stuff mixed in there too!):


1. My reading material for the weekend. I ended up getting a lot read - I was about halfway through Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich, and I finished it Saturday, plus I read Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally, as well as some of my Sacred Celtic Places book. *For those of you who are stopping by for the first time, I'm also a book blogger at Ramblings of a Daydreamer - if you're a reader, stop by and say hi there too! :-)*

2. Sunday lunch - a 'working lunch'. Normally I cook for two at lunch and we eat together, but I was on my own yesterday so I decided to make lunch and eat at my desk so I could continue working.

3. Simple pleasures - my favourite penguin mug, Irish cream flavouring in my coffee, and a (slightly burned) homemade peanut butter and jam cookie.

4. My cleaning/work-out clothes. Note to self: don't wear black when changing the vacuum cleaner canister, because you end up with dust and dirt ALL over you (that was the reason I took the pic, but you can hardly see it!).

5. I watched my U2 at Slane Castle DVD while working out. 

6. Saturday's dessert: pancakes with chocolate pudding and strawberries - YUM.

7. Sunday night: popcorn and Downton Abbey...not pictured (be grateful): me, sobbing like a baby. Stupid writers. SPOILER WARNING IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SEASON 3 (highlight the black part to read): I cannot freaking believe they killed off Sybil! She was my favourite character from the beginning, and I sobbed when she died. Poor Tom and baby and Grantham family. 
     
So, that was my weekend. How was yours? What did you do? Tell me in the comments or link me up to your Weekend Update post!

    


 

5 comments:

Helene said...

this is a great link up, I heart Sami big time! looks like a great weekend!
Helene in Between

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Thanks for linking up! Happy to have you :)

Looks like a yummy weekend!

Irfan said...

Thanks for co-hosting! new follower. plz follow me back.
http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

aloha! new follower from the hop. thanks for hosting. :)

www.waytothesea.com

Janna Renee said...

Um...those pancakes with the strawberries look AMAZING.