Saturday, May 4, 2013

Saturday Smiles #4

 
This is the first time in over three months that I can genuinely say I had a good week. A really good week. After 13 weeks with a back injury and other various health issues, I finally got out and had some fun this week. I'm able to move around better and I was hardly in pain all week, which feels like an absolute miracle to me. It's surreal...I've been walking around waiting for the pain to come, while at the same time praying it never returns. I've been so used to hurting whenever I do the least little thing that it's strange...but wonderful!

On Tuesday, a couple of my mum's friends (who I've known my whole life, so they're my friends too) asked us to go out for lunch. We went to Lonestar, which is pretty much like a Texas grill. I'd been to the one an hour away when I was in college, and when they suggested we go there Tuesday I was kind of meh about it, but it ended up being great. I had a chicken quesadilla (my first time ever) and fries and it was SO GOOD and the price was great. Afterwards, we stopped to do a little bit of shopping, which was also fun since I haven't been able to do much shopping other than for groceries. 

On Wednesday I had to go have some tests done on my heart, which wasn't exactly fun, but then afterward Amanda (my sister-in-law) took us back to her place and we got to visit with my brother (Jamie) and play with Logan (my three-year-old nephew). Logan got his very first bike and he's so excited about it. He can't figure out how to peddle so he just propels himself along yelling "I'm doing it! I'm doing it!" It's SO cute.

Look at this little face! Couldn't you just eat him up?

He has a tiny wheelbarrow to be like Daddy...Jamie is doing a bunch of landscaping and gardening at their house, and Logan has to do everything Jamie does. The puppy is Moe - he's the cutest damn thing, but they're not keeping him...their dogs had puppies and Moe's the last one to be sold. I want him!

More smiles: spring has finally arrived! The weather this week has been gorgeous, and everything is starting to bloom. The grass is really green and flowers are popping up everywhere. That's definitely helped with my outlook on life. Also, we've been able to have the windows and balcony doors open all day and night, which is wonderful. I've been cooped up in the apartment for three months and it's so nice to finally get fresh air in here...and to be able to go OUT in the fresh air!
Buds on the trees!
After we played with Logan and chatted with Jamie, we went to Amanda's latest doctor's appointment. She was 35 weeks pregnant on Thursday so she'll be going every week from now on. I got to go in with her and see the baby on a sonogram. The doctor predicts she's about six pounds already and Amanda just wants her to come out because she's afraid she'll end up being a 9 or 10 pounder, haha.

Last night, Amanda messaged me just before six and asked if we'd eaten yet and if we wanted to go out for ice cream. We don't normally eat until seven but that didn't stop me...that's one of the great things about being an adult: you can decide if you want dessert before dinner! Plus it's been a LONG time since I did anything spontaneous. She and the boys picked up Mum and me and we went to Reid's Dairy (a locally owned dairy with the best ice cream ever). We sat inside to eat and then went out to the playground and farm. The animals aren't out yet but we saw some fish (which Logan pronounces 'bitch'...I just about died...'Mimi, I wanna go see the bitch...where the bitch Mimi?') and some Canadian geese. 



Since the playground there is a death trap (it's like 8 feet high), we finally left and went for a drive. We ended up down by the bay and went to take some of Amanda's maternity pictures. We were taking pictures and 4 ducks came over and were swimming really close. We've all been to that park a million times and the ducks rarely come that close. Then a swan came over and was swimming a couple feet away and they never come close. It was so amazing! The swans usually stay way out in the bay, so it felt like all these birds were coming over just for us. 

This is just a sneak peek of Amanda's maternity pics...I'll post more later!
And finally almost three hours later when the sun started to set, we figured we should head home. All in all, it was an amazing week with lots to smile about, and I hope it's the beginning of a wonderful spring and summer! 

 
 What made you smile this week? How's the weather where you are?






No comments: