Friday, March 22, 2013

Saturday Smiles #2

Saturday Smile is a new weekly feature I’ll be doing where I talk about moments during the week that made me smile for one reason or another.

Mum and me
Last weekend Mum, Amanda, Logan and I went on our first road trip of the year. It was a lot of fun!

Logan and Amanda
When we were in the mall, we sat in the food court and Mum and Amanda went to go get lunch. Logan was playing on Amanda's phone (kid's more tech savvy than I am, I swear) and all of a sudden, he set the phone down, stood on his seat, leaned across the table and kissed me. It was the sweetest thing ever and I've been thinking about it all week. 

I haven't been able to drink since I hurt my back and had to go on strong painkillers but last weekend I decided to have a Guinness for St. Patrick's Day. It was such a nice treat.

Mmmm, Guinness

I've hardly had any mail in the last couple months but this week I got mail almost every day. I had several gift certificates and coupons to use, so I bought a ton of books plus I won one on Twitter!

Boooks *drools*
I had Logan on Friday while Mum went with Amanda to a doctor's appointment and Logan wanted to watch Disney's Robin Hood, which is one of my favourite movies ever. He kept a running commentary going the entire time and he was absolutely hilarious. He's hands-down the smartest, funniest kid I know.

When Amanda dropped off Logan on Friday, she brought me some goodies she'd picked up for St. Patrick's Day since she knows I love all things Irish.

They're so pretty I almost don't want to eat them!
 I finished the final revisions of my third novel, WAITING FOR THE STORM, which comes out April 9th!

This week on my book blog I got to interview Maddy Hunter, one of my favourite authors ever. It was a thrilling and surreal experience!
 

What made you smile this week?




1 comment:

Kristilyn (Reading In Winter) said...

I love a good mail week! I rarely get mail, so when I get lots of fun things, it makes me happy. :)

I'm not a Guinness fan ... the husband loves it, but I only ever use it for cooking!